How to Reset Virtual Memory on Windows Pro 11 (New Method)
Friends, over time, Microsoft keeps updating window 11, due to which your ram uses more resources, so the memory of your windows pc ram becomes full, that’s why today we are going to tell you how you can create a virtual memory in window 11 computer. You can reset the memory. If the disk colum is showing 100% in your task manager window 11, then you can easily fix this problem by resetting the window 11 virtual memory. To do window reset virtual memory, you have to read our post from beginning to end.
What is virtual memory?
virtual memory is the section of a hard disk that’s set up to emulate the computer’s RAM.The main visible advantage of this scheme is that programs can be larger than physical memory. Virtual memory is a very common technique used in the operating systems (OS) of computers. Virtual memory uses hardware and software to allow a computer to compensate for physical memory shortages, by temporarily transferring data from random access memory ( RAM) to disk storage.
This type of memory system has many advantages including
- Allows processes to share memory between libraries
- (a collection of code that provides the foundation for a program’s operations)
- .Improves security by isolating and segmenting where the computer stores information
- .Increases the amount of memory available by working outside the limits of a computer’s physical memory space
- .Optimizes CPU usage
- .Runs multiple applications at the same time
- Frees applications from having to compete for shared memory.
How does virtual memory work?
Virtual memory uses both the computer’s software and hardware to work. It transfers processes between the computer’s RAM and hard disk by copying any files from the computer’s RAM that aren’t currently in use and moving them to the hard disk. By moving unused files to a hard disk, the computer frees up space in its RAM to perform current tasks like opening a new application. If the computer later needs to use RAM for a more urgent task, it can again swap files to make the most of the available RAM.
Types of virtual memory
There are two ways of managing virtual memory:-
This type of virtual memory works by separating memory into sections called paging files. When a computer reaches its RAM limits, it transfers any currently unused pages into the part of its hard drive used for virtual memory. As part of this process, the computer uses page tables, which translate virtual addresses into the physical addresses that the computer’s memory management unit (MMU) uses to process instructions. The MMU communicates between the computer’s operating system (OS) and its page tables. When the user performs a task, the OS searches its RAM for the processes to conduct the task. If it can’t find the processes to perform the task in RAM, the MMU prompts the OS to move the required pages into RAM and uses a page table to note the new storage location of the pages.
Segmentation is another method of managing virtual memory. A segmentation system divides virtual memory into segments of varying lengths and moves any segments, not in use from the computer’s virtual memory space to its hard drive. Similar to page tables, segment tables track whether the computer is storing the segment in memory or a physical address. However, many casual computer users may prefer a paging system because it automatically handles memory divisions.
Read Also – Bkash Offer 2022
How to Reset Virtual Memory on Windows Pro 11
- To get your task done follow the following steps :-
- Click on start button (present at the bottom left corner of your desktop)
- search for the control panel
- left click on category and then press large icons(it is necessary only when the system icon is not visible)
- click on system icon.
- Go to advanced sytem setting tab.
- A system properties box will appear
- now click on advance icon
- on the performance bar click on settings
- A performance option box will appear
- Now go to advance icon.
- under the virtual memory option click on change.
- You can see your currently allocated total paging file size for all drives.
- Now click on automatically manage paging file size for all drives and make sure Tick mark is not visible in the box.
- Click on custom size.
- fill your initial size(MB).Write only the given recommended paging file size for all drives. For example – i set my intial size – 1413 & Maxium size – 4096
the formula of calculating the correct pagefile size in window 11. The Initial size is one and a half (1.5) x the amount of total system memory. The Maximum size is three (3) x the initial size. So let’s say you have 4 GB (1 GB = 1,024 MB x 4 = 4,096 MB) of memory. The initial size would be 1.5 x 4,096 = 6,144 MB and the maximum size would be 3 x 6,144 = 18,432 MB.”
- fill the maximum size(MB) of your device (note;do not write it in GBs) you can use your calculator if you want to.
- click on set.
- now click on OK and then click on apply.
- restart your pc and changes will get applied on your pc.
What Does Resetting Virtual Memory Do?
by resetting virtual memory can decreases window’s ram usage.
What Is the Windows 11 Virtual Memory Size?
Windows 11 Virtual Memory Size is 4 GB (1 GB = 1,024 MB x 4 = 4,096 MB) of memory. The initial size would be 1.5 x 4,096 = 6,144 MB and the maximum size would be 3 x 6,144 = 18,432 MB.”
What Is the Windows 11 Virtual Memory Best Settings
click this link to get best Windows 11 Virtual Memory setting.